Thursday, December 1, 2011

=18 Little Big Things


God's up to something. He's REALLY up to something.” The thought kept propping up in Noah's mind in a way that often made him forget about the nagging Rheumatism in his left knee. For that and so many other reasons, he'd often sit in his usual kitchen chair with one leg resting on another chair, just looking at his sweetheart's empty chair, and wonder what encouraging word she'd plant in his heart. If it wasn't for knowing... that's KNOWING that someday he'd see her again in Glory, well... he just didn't know what he'd do.

The front door bell rang and startled him. He seldom got visitors since Nenee wasn't around any more. Oh how he loved the muffled conversations she had with teen girls on the front porch, staring at that forest just a few yards away. That old front porch rocking chair of hers did more powerful healing of hearts than any hospital could do. Noah had no idea of the surprise that awaited him at the door. But up he went, to see the caller.

Ben stood at the front door with his orange hair trimmed pretty short. That probably had a story to it, but nothing like Noah was about to hear. “Gramps. I got your address from Sammy and I rode my bike over here. Whew!”

I have a favor to ask of you. Ya ever get a picture in your mind, of something that's not exactly real, and you can't forget it? Well I have. I keep seeing the report that some girl named, Mannie put on the little church bulletin board, where we fixed the doors. What I kept seeing in my picture was a little poster right next to her report. The little poster had real important stuff on it too, that all the people should be reminded of. Gramps, it don't look fancy like your posters, and all I could find was a crayon. But I made this little poster myself. If you don't think it looks too ugly, maybe you could get the church to put it up next to Mannie's fancy report.”

Without reading it to Gramps, Ben handed it to him and said, “I know I've bothered you too much already. Here 'tis. I gotta leave.” As Ben climbed on his bike, he shouted to Noah, “Thanks for lovin' me a little, Gramps! I need it!”

Noah turned the poster over to read what started as, “THY WORD is a lamp unto my shoes and a light always on my dangerous path.” At the bottom of the little poster the final words said, “The bible says so, and it's NEVER wrong.”

Noah thought to himself, Give God a little love and trust like a mustard seed, and He'll turn it into mountain-sized changes in the lives of someone near you.